APRM/EOI/TS/10/2020: POOL/ROSTER FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT FOR TRANSLATION SERVICESDownload File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
APRM/EOI/TS/10/2020: POOL/ROSTER FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT FOR TRANSLATION SERVICES
Financing Agreement reference: 2100155036916
Project ID No.: P-Z1-K00-084
Country: South Africa
Project Title: APRM-ISP
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
This tender Notice supersedes the earlier notice issued on DCG-business and APRM Portal on 11th March 2020 and SA tenders on 12th March 2020. Note the change on Qualifications and Experience requirements
The African Peer Review Mechanism has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the African Peer Review Mechanism Institutional Support Project, and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant as payments towards the procurement of experienced Consultants to carry out translation services.
In the context of the implementation of the APRM Institutional Support Project, the APRM intends to build a pool of external consummate and accomplished translation consultants to translate project documents for the Mechanism in the four (04) working languages of the African Union namely :Arabic, French, Portuguese, English.
3) SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Generally, APRM requires the translation of an estimated 900 000 words (3700 pages) of documents every year, including Country Review Reports, progress reports, meeting outcomes, Meeting presentations, financial statement, audit reports, TORs, etc. Within the Project framework, an additional 200 000 words would need to be translated.
4) QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The Consultants should have one of the following education profiles:
- At least a Master degree in translation from a recognized school. A recognized experience in the field of translation combined with a degree in another field will be an added advantage, or
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least seven (7) years of continuous working experience in the field of translation..
- For holders of a Master degree, at least five (05) years of progressively relevant experience as a translator within a private or public organization, or as a freelance.
- Experience as a reviser will be an asset.
- Working experience with an international organization, including the UN and AU systems will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of translation memories (Trados, Wordfast, Multitrans, etc.)
- Experience in translation projects management.
- Updated curriculum vitae with names and contacts of three referees, and certified certificates, degrees etc.), description of similar assignments, and experience in similar condition.
- Candidates are required to state preferred language combination
The APRM now invites eligible consultants to be shortlisted .to establish a Roster of eligible and qualified Translators to constitute a Roster of freelance translators. APRM will enter into a Framework Agreement with the qualified and eligible Translators for a period of one year, renewable subject to satisfactory assessment of the performance
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations”, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultants may obtain further or clarification information through Email: tender[email protected]
Expressions of interest must be submitted by email or physically to the address below on or before 31st March 2020 at 1100hrs. The REOI shall be opened on 31st March 2020 at 11.00hrs local time only shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit proposal.
SUBMISSION OF BID: TO BE TITLED: APRM/EOI/TS/10/2020: ROSTER FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT FOR TRANSLATION SERVICES
SUBMITED THROUGH E-mail: [email protected] or be delivered to the physical address below :
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29
Fax: +27 11256 3456
E-mail : [email protected]
APRM will select successful candidates and sign framework agreements with them in order to constitute a Roster of freelance translators whose services will be contracted as and when needed during a period of one year, subject to renewal upon satisfactory performance.