APRM/TR /AH /EUKE/009B/2021: INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT A TARGETED REVIEW ON “AFFORDABLE HOUSING UNDER THE BIG 4 AGENDA IN THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA”
APRM/TR /AH /EUKE/009B/2021: INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT A TARGETED REVIEW ON “AFFORDABLE HOUSING UNDER THE BIG 4 AGENDA IN THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA”Download File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
PROCUREMENT NUMBER: EOI/ APRM/TR /AH /EUKE /009B/2021
INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT A TARGETED REVIEW ON “AFFORDABLE HOUSING UNDER THE BIG 4 AGENDA IN THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA”
Targeted Review Mission: The Republic of Kenya
Description of the Assignment: Targeted Review on “Affordable Housing under the Big 4 Agenda in the Republic of Kenya”
Period of Assignment: (to be confirmed upon signing of the contract)
Grant Number: PANAF/2020/420-467
Country: South Africa
Project Title: APRM: AGA-SP
In December 2020, The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) received financing from the European Union (EU) in support of a three-year project. This project takes place within the framework of the African Governance Architecture Support Project (AGA-SP), consistent with the Africa-EU Partnership 2020-2023. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the achievement of Aspiration 3: ‘An Africa of good governance, respect for human rights, justice and the rule of law’ and Aspiration 6 ‘An Africa, whose development is people driven, relying on the potential of African people, especially its women and youth, and caring for children’ of the African Union’s Agenda 2063.
Under this grant and project, the APRM hereby seeks to procure the services of an experienced Individual National Consultant to conduct a Targeted Review on the theme “Affordable Housing under the Big 4 Agenda in the Republic of Kenya”.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of the Targeted Review is to identify key issues addressing “Affordable Housing in the Republic of Kenya” as a way for Kenya to fulfil its economic and social development mandate. In other words, the Targeted Review report will identify and highlight government efforts to promote housing development and give recommendations for the benefit of the people of Kenya.
The Consultant shall follow and be guided by the objectives contained within each APRM thematic area: Socioeconomic Development (SED) Economic Governance and Management (EGM), Corporate Governance (CG) and Democracy and Political Governance (DPG).
The duration of the assignment is estimated at thirty (30) days including field days, starting in October 2021. In consultation with relevant staff at the APRM Continental Secretariat, APRM National Secretariat and other stakeholders, the consultant shall prepare and submit the following on the 14th day from the date of the contract:
- A Background paper of about 20 pages;
- A Key Issues Paper and
- A Questionnaire building on APRM Questionnaire
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
The Consultant MUST have one of the following educational backgrounds, experiences, and skills and Must attach the relevant certificates and Testimonials:
- A PhD in Public Policy, Urban Studies, Architecture, or related fields, with a minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating housing development programs or other relevant programs that involve coordination with National, Continental, or international agencies OR
- A Master’s degree in in Public Policy, Urban Studies, Architecture, or related fields, with a minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating housing development programs or other relevant programs that involve coordination with National, Continental, or international agencies.
The APRM invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in the above-mentioned consultancy by providing the requisite information and documentation:
- Full curriculum vitae that includes information on nationality, educational qualifications, professional experience, expertise.
- Proof of all academic and professional qualifications by submitting copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
- Provide one relevant writing sample/ published report demonstrating writing and research experience and skills.
The short-list and the selection procedure shall be in done in accordance with the AU Procurement Manual, version 2.0 dated July 2016. Only Shortlisted Candidates shall be issued with the Terms of Reference (TORS)
Interested Consultants may obtain further information by contacting [email protected] during office hours (8h00 -17h00 SAST). Clarification shall be published on the APRM website (www.aprm-au.org) and MUST be requested not less than seven days prior to the closing date of the bid.
SUBMISSION OF BID; CLOSING & OPENING DATE
- Expressions of interest must be submitted via email: [email protected] or physically delivered to Procurement office, African Peer Review Mechanism, Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685. Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor, Midrand, South Africa on or before 22nd October 2021 at 11.00am Kenya Time. The EOI Shall be Opened on 22nd October 2021 at 11.00 hours Kenya time.
- Submission to be titled: Procurement Number: : PROCUREMENT NUMBER: EOI/ APRM/TR /AH /EUKE /009B/2021:Expression of interest for Targeted Review: Individual National Consultant To conduct a review on “Affordable Housing in the Republic of Kenya”.
- Only bids submitted on time shall be accepted. Bids submitted with the wrong submission title shall be rejected.
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29