CONSULTANT ON “MINERAL RESOURCES IN THE HEART OF THE STRUCTURAL TRANSFORMATION OF THE SENEGALES ECONOMY’’
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
EOI 7/2018: TARGETED REVIEW INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL CONSULTANT ON “MINERAL RESOURCES IN THE HEART OF THE STRUCTURAL TRANSFORMATION OF THE SENEGALES ECONOMY’’
AFRICAN PEER REVIEW MECHANISM INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT PROJECT
Financing Agreement reference: 2100155036916
Project ID No.: P-Z1-K00-084
The African Peer Review Mechanism has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the African Peer Review Mechanism Institutional Support Project, and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant as payments towards the contract for one (1) experienced National Consultant to undertake the assessment of Targeted Reviews on the theme, “Mineral Resources in the heart of Structural Transformation of the Senegalese Economy” The assignment includes the following:
In consultation with relevant staff of the APRM Secretariat and other stakeholders, prepare and submit a 50 page report a week after the completion of the field review mission. If it is necessary, revise and edit the report to reflect comments from the APR Panel, Secretariat, and other collaborators. The report shall include the following:
- i) An Executive Summary of 5 pages with conclusions on the nature of issues discovered and the status of the theme under investigation. The Executive Summary should conclude with a bullet point summary of the main strengths and challenges Senegal faces in this area;
- ii) a short paper indicating the main areas requiring further exploration by the members of the country review mission; and
iii) full disclosure of sources and citations and a full bibliography as mentioned under the scope of work.
The Consultancy is scheduled to commence in the fourth week of November, 2018.
The Consultants should have one of the following education profile:
- A PhD with a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Geological Science and/or in Mining Sciences and/or in Mineral Resources, or in related fields or;
- A Masters’ degree in Engineering with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Geological Science and/or in Mining Sciences and/or in Mineral Resources, or in related fields or;
- PhD with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Socio-Economic development, or related fields with MSc or PhD thesis related to Mineral Resources.
The APRM now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services and submit their curriculum vitae.
The Consultant is required to send her/his CV with information (on her/his education, experience, expertise, skills and former position capability pertinent to the items related to the evaluation criteria as described on the Terms of Reference.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations”, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below.
Expressions of interest must be submitted by email or physically to the address below by 9th November 2018 at 1700hrs. Submissions to be titled: “Expression of Interest for Targeted Review Individual National Consultant on “Mineral Resources in the heart of the Structural Transformation of the Senegalese Economy’’
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29
Fax: +27 256 3456
E-mail: [email protected]