Development of E-learning content for the APRM Knowledge hub (M/W)
Département Gouvernance, Justice et Droits Humains – GJDH > Pôle Gouvernance et Etat de Droit
Published on : 06/09/2021
SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA SOUTH AFRICA VIRTUALLY OR IN MIDRAND
In the context of the implementation of the APRM Knowledge hub, the APRM envisage appointing a consultant to provide expertise to contribute in setting-up the APRM Secretariat’s knowledge Hub e-learning module and courses which includes the development of course material, structuring the course content into logical course modules, record and design lectures and support the APRM Knowledge hub coordinator to upload the courses to the Knowledge hub. In addition, the consultant must advice and support linking the course content and relevant research material to the other Knowledge hub modules for knowledge sharing and E-learning, knowledge management, to empower people with right information and create a knowledgeable Pan African Continent.
Project or context description
The scope of the AGA-SP project covers the objectives of the 2018-2022 Joint Africa-EU Strategy (JAES) that defines “Strengthening Resilience, Peace, Security and Governance” as one of four key priorities and also the Memorandum of Understanding on Peace, Security and Governance between the African Union and the EU, signed in May 2018.
Thus, the project addresses the goal of the AU to reinforce good governance, Human Rights and democratic participation of African citizens. It aims at reinforcing the action of key AGA organs in a specific number of areas, improving Human Rights tools compliance and enhancing AGA visibility up to the local level. It will also improve the coordination, cooperation and synergy between the key AGA human rights and democratic governance organs, in order to increase their collective leverage and voice. The project brings direct support to six AGA Platform members and others members might benefit indirectly from some project activities.
The overall objective is to contribute to the achievement of Aspiration 3 and 6 of the African Union’s Agenda 2063 “An Africa of good governance, respect for human rights, justice and the rule of law” (Aspiration 3) and “An Africa, whose development is people driven, relying on the potential of African people, especially its women and youth, and caring for children” (Aspiration 6).
The general objective is to strengthen the capacity of African Governance Architecture (AGA) Platform members and to promote the effective coordination and cooperation among them.
The Consultant should have one of the following education profiles:
- A PhD in Education or related fields with a minimum of five (05) years’ experience in developing, implementing and evaluating curriculum and e-learning course development.
- A Masters’ degree in Education or related fields with a minimum of seven (07) years’ experience in developing, implementing and evaluating curriculum and e-learning course development.
- A Honors degree Education or related fields with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in developing, implementing and evaluating curriculum and e-learning course development
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Have at least five (05) years with a PhD or seven (07) years’ experience with Master’s or ten (10) years with a honors degree in Education or related fields with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in developing, implementing and evaluating curriculum and e-learning course development.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the Education sector, educational materials and policies and principles relating to online learning.
- Has previously developed learning material relevant to online learning and E-learning curriculum development.
- Have knowledge of the African Union, its institutions and the APRM.
- Demonstrate ability for teamwork, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Have project management experience at public policy level and able to respect deadlines.
- Be fluent in English, have the ability to write clear, precise, informative and formally structured reports in English. Knowledge of the other AU languages will be an added advantage.
Selection criteria for applications
The selection process for candidates will be based on the following criteria :
- Candidate’s training/skills/experience
Deadline for application : 30/09/2021 16:40