EOI APRM/CRM/DPG/02/2020: ROSTER FOR INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT FOR COUNTRY REVIEW MISSION – DEMOCRACY AND POLITICAL GOVERNANCE (DPG)
EOI APRM/CRM/DPG/02/2020: ROSTER FOR INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT FOR COUNTRY REVIEW MISSION – DEMOCRACY AND POLITICAL GOVERNANCE (DPG)Download File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
EOI APRM/CRM/DPG/ 02/2020: ROSTER FOR INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT FOR COUNTRY REVIEW MISSION – DEMOCRACY AND POLITICAL GOVERNANCE (DPG)
Country: South Africa
EXTENSION OF CLOSING DATE
This is to notify you that the above procurement proceeding bids have not been opened. The closing date has therefore been extended from 31st March 2020 at 11.00 hours local time to 28th May 2020 at 11.00 local time. This notice supersedes any other notice published earlier.
The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) is a self-monitoring mechanism established in 2003 by Heads of State and Government, to which member states of the African Union voluntarily accede. Its purpose and mandate are spelt out in the Declaration on Democracy, Political, Economic and Corporate Governance adopted by the African Heads of State and Government at the inaugural Session of the Assembly of the African Union in Durban, South Africa, in 2002
APRM Democracy and Political Governance intends to procurement the services of experienced Consultants to undertake the Country Review in the thematic area Democracy and Political Governance (DPG)
The Objectives of the Country Review Mission (CRM) is to visit the relevant APRM member state and carry out the widest possible range of consultations with the Government officials, officials, political parties, parliamentarians, academia, trade unions, faith-based organizations, business, professional bodies and others on Democracy and Political Governance (DGG) issues.
SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The Consultancy service shall commence upon signing the contract and the duration for each assignment is estimated as two to three weeks. It is anticipated that there shall be about six country reviews undertaken during 2020. Interested consultants may obtain further or clarification information through Email: tender[email protected]
Qualifications & Experience
The Consultants should have the following:
- Minimum Masters’ degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Economics, Finance, International Relations, Law or related discipline with at least ten (10) years’ relevant experience or PhD level qualification with seven years’ relevant experience.
- Have at least ten years of progressively responsible experience relevant to the specific thematic area.
- A record of published research relevant to governance in general and the specific thematic area; and
- The Language of the assignments shall be English or French or Portugal or Arabic, consultant MUST indicate their preferred language/s
- Extensive knowledge of the African Union and its institutions as well as the overall objectives and operational tools of the APRM.
- Knowledge of the particular developmental issues of Africa
- Demonstrated ability for teamwork as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability to deliver high quality outputs within tight deadlines
- Provide curriculum vitae and certified certificates, degrees etc.), description of similar assignments, and experience in similar assignments.
The APRM now invites eligible consultants to be shortlisted to establish a Roster of eligible and qualified consultants for a period of one year to provide consultancy services under the Democracy and Political Governance (DPG) thematic area. Whenever a country review mission is to be undertaken in any of the APRM member country, APRM shall select consultants from the existing and shortlisted pool, who shall be issued with the Terms of Reference.
Interested consultants may obtain further or clarification information through Email: tender[email protected]
Expressions of interest must be submitted by email or physically to the address below on or before 28th May 2020 at 1100hrs. The REOI shall be opened on 28th May 2020 at 11.00 hours local time and only shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit proposals.
SUBMISSION OF BID: TO BE TITLED: EOI APRM/CRM/DPG/ 02/2020: ROSTER FOR INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT FOR COUNTRY REVIEW MISSION – DEMOCRACY AND POLITICAL GOVERNANCE (DPG) E-mail: [email protected] or delivered to the address below:
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29
Fax: +27 11256 3456
E-mail : [email protected]