EXTENSION REOI CLOSING/OPENING DATE – ROSTER FOR INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT FOR COUNTRY REVIEW MISSION – ECONOMIC GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT (EGM)
EXTENSION REOI CLOSING/OPENING DATE - ROSTER FOR INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT FOR COUNTRY REVIEW MISSION - ECONOMIC GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT (EGM)Download File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
EXTENSION REOI CLOSING/OPENING DATE
The tender below was not opened on 27th January 2022 at 11.00Hrs. The Closing/Opening date has been extended to 24th February 2022 at 11.00 South Africa time . Bids to be submitted through: E-mail: [email protected]
PROCUREMENT NUMBER: EOI APRM/CRM/AUC/EGM/04/2022: ROSTER FOR INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT FOR COUNTRY REVIEW MISSION – ECONOMIC GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT (EGM)
Country: South Africa
The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) is a self-monitoring mechanism established in 2003 by Heads of State and Government, to which member states of the African Union voluntarily accede. Its purpose and mandate are spelt out in the Declaration on Democracy, Political, Economic and Corporate Governance adopted by the African Heads of State and Government at the inaugural Session of the Assembly of the African Union in Durban, South Africa, in 2002.
APRM Economic Governance and Management (EGM) intends to procure the services of experienced Consultants to undertake the Country Review in the thematic area of Economic Governance and Management (EGM)
The Objectives of the Country Review Mission (CRM) is to visit the relevant APRM member state and carry out the widest possible range of consultations with the Government officials, political parties, parliamentarians, academia, trade unions, faith-based organizations, business, professional bodies and others on Economic Governance and Management (EGM) issues.
SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The Consultancy service shall commence upon signing the contract and the duration for each assignment is estimated at two to three weeks. It is anticipated that there shall be about four country reviews undertaken during 2021.
Interested consultants may obtain further information or clarification through email: [email protected].
Qualifications & Experience
The Consultants MUST have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of Masters’ degree in Economics, Development Economics, Business Administration, Public Finance or related discipline with at least ten (10) years’ proven working experience. Those with PhD will have an added advantage.
- Have produced at least two publications or research papers relevant to Economic Governance and Management (EGM).
- Have at least 10 years progressively responsible experience in national and/or international experience in economic research, macroeconomics, or public finance.
- Extensive knowledge of the Constitutive Act of the African Union as well as the overall objectives of the APRM, particularly in the thematic area of EGM and its interactions with the other areas.
- Broad knowledge of international relations and development issues in Africa and in general global terms.
- Have a solid knowledge of African governance and development agenda and be familiar with Africa’s major collective programmes and initiatives.
- Extensive publications and experience in the field of EGM and the major contemporary challenges facing Africa.
- Proven experience in previous successful consultancies with national, regional, international/ multilateral institutions
- Have project management experience and able to respect deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective ability for teamwork, as well as the ability to work independently;
- Knowledge of the AU languages that is; English or French or Portuguese or Arabic, consultant MUST indicate their preferred working language/s
- Description of similar assignments, and experience in similar assignments in Africa
- Experience in an APRM country reviews or experience in conducting similar assignments in Africa preferably with other AU organs.
The APRM now invites applications from eligible consultants to provide consultancy services under the Economic Governance Management thematic area. From the shortlist, APRM will establish a roster of eligible and qualified consultants for a period of one year to be updated annually. Whenever a country review mission is to be undertaken in any of the APRM member countries, APRM shall select consultants from the existing and shortlisted pool, who shall be issued with the Terms of Reference.
Eligible consultants MUST indicate their interest for the above-mentioned consultancy by providing the following requisite information and documentation:
- Full curriculum vitae that includes information on
- Date of Birth;
- State Language (spoken & written) among AU languages (English, French , Arabic & Portugal ) ;
- educational qualifications and
- professional experience, expertise, and referees.
- Proof of all academic and professional qualifications listed on the CV through submitting copies of relevant degree certificates.
- Have broad knowledge of Economic Governance, African regional Integration and Reforms in Africa and Globally.
- Evidence of publications
Interested consultants may obtain further information by contacting [email protected] during office hours (8h00 -17h00 SAST). Clarification shall be published on the APRM website (www.aprm-au.org) and MUST be requested not less than seven days prior to the closing date of the bid. Clarifications not received within this period shall be rejected.
SUBMISSION OF BIDS:
- Expressions of interest must be submitted through E-mail: [email protected] or physically to the address below on or before 24th February 2022 at 1100hrs South Africa time. The REOI shall be opened on 24th February 2022 at 11 hours South Africa time.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit proposals.
- Submission Title: BE TITLED: PROCUREMENT NUMBER: EOI APRM/CRM/AUC/EGM/04/2022: ROSTER FOR INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT EGM.
- Only bids submitted on time shall be accepted FOR COUNTRY REVIEW MISSION – ECONOMIC GOVERNANCE MANAGEMENT (EGM)
- Bids submitted with wrong submission title shall be rejected.
- These shortlist/roster shall be for a period of three years Starting February 2022. However, the list will be update annually as and when necessary
- The shortlist shall be published in APRM website.