REQUEST FOR SERVICES: PRODUCTION OF AFRICAN GOVERNANCE REPORT VIDEO (AGR) PROCUREMENT NO:
APRM/SIDA/RFQ/ 004/AGR/2020: PRODUCTION OF AN AGR VIDEO
In December 2019, The African Peer Review Mechanism received financing from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant as payments towards this procurement. The quotation MUST be received on or before 22nd March 2020 at 11.00 (a.m.) hours South Africa time. Bid received after the closing date and time shall be rejected.
Submission Email: [email protected] and title of procurement should read – PROCUREMENT NO: APRM/SIDA/RFQ/ 004/AGR/2020: PRODUCTION OF AGR VIDEO
The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) is a specialised agency of the African Union and the continent’s pioneer self-monitoring tool for promoting good governance. Launched in 2003, the Mechanism is a voluntary exercise that offers African states the opportunity to systematically assess and review their governance performance. The Mechanism also provides a platform for sharing replicable successful practices and enhancing the adoption and implementation policies, standards, and codes. The APRM currently has a membership of 39 states and its Continental Secretariat is located at No. 230 15th Road, Randjespark, Midrand South Africa.
3)MANDATE OF APRM
The APRM promotes and facilitates self-monitoring among participating member states to ensure that their policies and practices conform to the agreed political, economic, corporate governance and socio-economic values, codes and standards contained in the Declaration on Democracy, Political, Economic and Corporate Governance; and the African Charter on Democracy, Elections and Governance as we’ll as other relevant treaties, conventions and instruments adopted by Participating States whether through the African Union or through other international platforms.
In the implementation of its mandate, the APRM primarily seeks to foster the adoption of policies, standards and practices that lead to political stability, high economic growth, sustainable and inclusive development, as well as accelerated regional and continental economic integration
4)RATIONALE / OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The purpose of the AGR 2021 is to present a set of scenarios depicting plausible African governance futures in the year 2063. The aim is to highlight a range of decision-making options for achieving the AU Agenda 2063 and the UNSDGs 2030, as well as specify policy and action intervention points for strategic implementation of the AGR 2019 recommendations.
Scenario building assists decision and policy makers to consider a wide range of possibilities and planning options for the future. Scenario building utilises diverse data sources, and engages different assumptions, viewpoints, interests, and interpretations, to understand how current contexts and defining trends may progress, change, and new factors unfold, in near to distant timeframes. Based on current data and insights, scenarios tell stories about possible futures, to guide our decisions and actions today. The videographer is required to develop strategic videos by role players discussing key African Governance Issues.
SECTION A: REQUEST FOR QUOTATION
The Africa Peer Review Mechanism invites qualified and eligible Service Provider to submit quotations for carrying out the services as described herein. Any resulting order shall be subject to the General Conditions of Contract for Purchase Orders as per the AU Procurement Rules and Regulations.
- DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES AND LOCATION
i)Tasks and Deliverables
The videographer’s main tasks will be to propose, develop and produce an appealing concept whose main objective will be to inform the public on the AGR 2021 BY sharing viewpoints on African governance futures, the AGR 2021 scenarios, key governance issues and drivers, as well as policy implications and recommendations to consider at regional and country level. In this regard, the videographer’s work and deliverables will include but not limited to:
- Concept development
- Determine Interview questions of various key stakeholders.
- Gathering of additional material including footage from AGR2019 launch in Nairobi.
ii)Scope of Work
The scope of work includes but not limited
- Filming of event interviews
- Full day call out for filming of the AGR 2021 event
- Compilation of the full length mini- documentary (24min) in 4K resolution quality.
- A 3min cut down of the full length mini- documentary
- Offline and online editing services
- Subtitling in French, English, and Arabic
- 2 x reverts or changes
The assignment will take place at APRM Continental Secretariat Office, in South Africa
Fluency in English is essential.
Working knowledge of French or other AU languages is an asset
4)DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT AND EXPECTED COMMENCEMENT DATE
The duration of the assignment shall be 15 days commence from the date of signing the contract, presumably and time is of essence.
5) QUOTATION VALIDITY PERIOD AND PRICE VALIDITY
This Quotation/bid and the prices shall be valid for a period of 30 days from the date the bid is opened and shall be ZAR.
6)MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS THAT MUST BE MET BY ELIGIBLE THE SERVICE PROVIDER
Technical Skills and Experts
- Minimum of three years (3) relevant experience producing content for Government and public institutions, NGOs, or Multilateral Organisations such as UN or AU;
- Demonstrated competency with developing and producing video animations and
infographics for video infomercials. Realisation of previous assignment of similar nature is expected.
- Experience in managing projects, meetings, and teams
- Capacity to provide translation, voice over and editing services.
- Fluency in spoken English knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
7) BIDDER MUST COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING PRELIMINARY REQUIREMENT BEFORE BEING SUBJECTED TO TECHNICALEVALUATION
- Bidders must submit Valid VAT certificate or equivalent Document.
- Submit a valid Certificate of Incorporation or registration
- Met the minimum technical specifications (Section 6)
- Time is of essence – Must indicate the delivery period – Section B)
The above minimum requirements shall be evaluated on a PASS/FAIL Criteria. A fail will result to automatic rejection of the bid and no further evaluation
7.1) TECHNICAL EVALUATION/AWARD CRITERIA
|Evaluation criteria||Max. Point||Score|
|Experience: (Experience of the firm)
Company Profile and Expertise of the company:
· Minimum of three years (3) relevant experience in the area of multimedia production (10 marks)
· Proof of previous works of similar nature (15 marks):
ü Experience in developing creative video clips;
ü Experience in working with international development organizations and/or or government agencies (i.e., government ministries, local governments, etc.);
ü Ability to produce high quality video animation on tight deadlines;
ü Ability to produce high quality video animation in different languages;
· Excellent planning and organizational skills (10)
|Technical Qualification (Experts) for the proposed team
· Attach the relevant testimonial (CV, Academic and professional certifications) (10 marks)
· expertise shall at least cover the following areas (15 marks): Animation, infographics, Videography, sound, Editing; Video Editing; Translation (French and Arabic) and communication
|Methodology and concept proposal:
· Responsiveness to the Terms of Reference, Ability to provide clear Methodology and Work plan with timelines. (15 marks)
|The minimum technical score shall be 70%|
Quotations that are responsive, qualified, and technically compliant will be ranked according to price. Award of Contract will be made to the lowest priced quotation by the issue of a Purchase Order.
SECTION B & C- INSTRUCTION TO SUBMIT BID
You are requested to quote by completing Sections B, C and D. Quotations shall cover all costs of labour, materials, equipment, overheads, profits, and all associated costs for performing the services. The whole cost of performing the services shall be included in the items stated and the cost of any incidental services or materials shall be deemed to be included in the prices quoted.
Payments will be made in accordance with any resulting order within thirty (30) days of receipt of an invoice supported by a certificate of satisfactory completion signed by [state name of person(s) or Authority(ies) responsible for certifying the services].
The bid price shall be fixed for the duration of the contract.
Download Document: PRODUCTION OF AGR VIDEO – APRM/SIDA/RFQ/ 004/AGR/2020
[pdf-embedder url="https://www.aprm-au.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/ADVERT-RFQ-VIDEO-PDN-ADVERT-REQUEST-FOR-QUOTATION-AGR-2021.pdf" title="PRODUCTION OF AGR VIDEO - APRM/SIDA/RFQ/ 004/AGR/2020"]