RE-ADVERT – PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR PROVISION OF PUBLIC RELATION SERVICES: PROCUREMENT OF PUBLIC RELATIONS (PR) AGENCY (COMMS)/ EXPERT AT THE AFRICAN PEER REVIEW MECHANISM CONTINENTAL OFFICE, SOUTH AFRICA
RE-ADVERT - PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR PROVISION OF PUBLIC RELATION SERVICES: PROCUREMENT OF PUBLIC RELATIONS (PR) AGENCY (COMMS)/ EXPERT AT THE AFRICAN PEER REVIEW MECHANISM CONTINENTAL OFFICE, SOUTH AFRICADownload File
Financing Agreement reference: 2100155036916
Project ID No.: P-Z1-K00-084
Country: South Africa
Project Title: APRM-ISP
PROCUREMENT NUMBER: APRM /AfDB / PR/ 33B/2022
PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR PROVISION OF PUBLIC RELATION SERVICES:
PROCUREMENT OF PUBLIC RELATIONS (PR) AGENCY (COMMS)/ EXPERT AT THE AFRICAN PEER REVIEW MECHANISM CONTINENTAL OFFICE, SOUTH AFRICA
The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) has received financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB) towards the support of the APRM Institutional Support Project and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant as payment towards the procurement of an experienced Service Provider for provision of Public Relations (PR) Agency
The APRM is a self-monitoring mechanism to encourage the adoption of policies, standards and practices that lead to political stability, high economic growth, sustainable development, and accelerated regional economic integration; through the exchange of experiences, and reinforcement of best practices including identifying deficiencies and assessing the needs for capacity building of the participating countries.
To date, forty-one Member States of the African Union have voluntarily acceded to the APRM.
Since the APRM’s inception, member states have been assessed on four main thematic areas, namely, Democracy and Political Governance, Economic Governance and Management, Corporate Governance and Socio-Economic Development.
The APRM has special support agreements with five (5) African-based institutions designated by the Forum of participating Heads of State and Government. They are the African Development Bank (AfDB), UN Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Regional Bureau for Africa, Mo Ibrahim Foundation, and the African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF). These organisations support the Mechanism in the conduct of the country evaluations.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The APRM Secretariat has developed the African Principles and Guidelines on Corporate Governance. This the first project of its kind on the African Continent and it is designed to address and improve Corporate Governance standards and practices in Africa, both in the private sector and public sectors.
The project has been undertaken to promote good corporate governance practices and standards as a tool to address the competitiveness of firms, contribute to private sector development and inclusive growth in Africa. The project also has a strong focus on the dominant business sector in Africa, the SMMEs.
APRM is looking for PR Agency that combines media and communications relations with social media, digital marketing, public relations, and compelling campaigns and events to maximize the impact of our communications to member states.
The objective of the PR exercise is to maximize the impact of our communications to member states. Publicity around this project is important for us to achieve the following:
- Member State Engagement, including diverse stakeholders, e.g., Chambers of Commerce, Departments of Trade and Industry in Africa, SME Agencies, Regulators of the Business Sector, Large, Listed businesses, SMMEs and the informal sector etc
- Implementation of the PR Strategy and Analysis
- Brand PR and Digital Activation.
- Write and Distribute Press Releases and Opinion pieces
- Facilitate TV and Radio interviews
- Create and Execute Campaigns and Events designed for public outreach and media relations.
- TIMEFRAME/DURATION LOCATION
The selected service provider/firm will carry put the assignment for a period of four (4) months from the date of signing contract. It is expected that the selected service provider will spend a minimum of 20 days spread over 4 months on the project.
The Public Relations Agency may carry out the assignment from a location of his/her choice with supervision from APRM team as will be discussed and agreed before signing the contract.
- PREQUALIFICATION CRITERIA/ MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The prospective bidder/firm must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Valid tax certificate or equivalent document
- Valid business registration documents – Must be licensed company with valid certificate of incorporation.
- Provide power of attorney
- Statement that they have not been debarred by African Union.
- Profile of the company, names and qualification of two key personnel relevant to the assignment.
- Previous work experience with any continental organisations with relevant experience in Africa.
- Experience in undertaking and completing similar assignment of size and degree in complexity in at least two institutions or organisation in Africa – Attached proof contracts/recommendation letters
- Self-attested copies of the work orders/
- Copies of Certificates issued by clients for satisfactory work or any other relevant document.
Note: Bids submitted by bidders that do not fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria will not be considered,
The eligibility criteria, establishment of the pre-qualification list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations”, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org Interested firms may obtain further information at the address E-mail: [email protected] for enquiry only
Only the pre-qualified firms will be issued with the bid document containing the technical requirements.
MODE OF APPLICATION
1)The Pre-qualification document must be submitted through email: [email protected] on or before 30th September 2022 at 11:00hrs SAST. The bids shall be opened on 30th September 2022 at 11:00hrs. South Africa time.
2)The Submission should be titled:
PROCUREMENT NUMBER: APRM/AfDB/PR/33B/2022: PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR PROVISION OF PUBLIC RELATION SERVICES: PROCUREMENT OF PUBLIC RELATIONS (PR) AGENCY (COMMS)/ EXPERT AT THE AFRICAN PEER REVIEW MECHANISM CONTINENTAL OFFICE, SOUTH AFRICA
3) Only bids submitted on time shall be accepted or admitted for prequalification
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29Fax: +2711 256 3456;
Bid Submission Email: [email protected]