RE-ADVERT – REOI – INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT AGR-2023 TARGETED REVIEW ON UNCONSTITUTIONAL CHANGES OF GOVERNMENT: SIERRA LEONE
RE-ADVERT - REOI - INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT AGR-2023 TARGETED REVIEW ON UNCONSTITUTIONAL CHANGES OF GOVERNMENT: SIERRA LEONEDownload File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
PROCUREMENT NUMBER: APRM/USAID/IC/SL/AGR/11B/2022: INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT AGR-2023 TARGETED REVIEW ON UNCONSTITUTIONAL CHANGES OF GOVERNMENT: SIERRA LEONE
Financing Agreement reference: 665-AA-018
Country: South Africa
Project Title: AUC-APRM-USAU PROJECT
The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) in collaboration with Africa Governance Architecture (AGA) is in the process of developing the next Africa Governance Report (AGR-23) and in this regard is seeking the services of appropriately qualified African experts from academia, think tanks and practice to develop the thematic chapters for the report. These chapters are based on themes derived from the various meetings of the African Union Peace and Security Council, the African Governance Architecture and APRM policy entities.
These Request for Expression Of Interest (REOI) specifically seek to engage the services of a national consultant to provide local perspective on (i) Constitutional Order, State Legitimacy and Change of Government in Africa, (ii) Integrity of Democratic Elections and Change of Government in Africa, (iii) Economic governance and public sector accountability, (iv) Popular uprising and militarization, (v) Diversity management and human rights and (vi) Gender and youth perception on unconstitutional changes of government.
The national consultant is expected to contribute to the development of chapter(s) of the African Governance Report 2023 (AGR-2023).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The Consultant MUST have the following educational backgrounds, experiences and skills and MUST ATTACH THE RELEVANT CERTIFICATES AND TESTIMONIALS :
i)Eligibility: Must hold citizenship from SIERRA LEONE.
- Minimum Master’s in international African politics, international relations, public policy and administration, human rights, peace and security studies, international law, political science, with a focus on electoral monitoring or related policy field. PhD in these fields will be an added advantage.
- Minimum eight (5) years’ experience in electoral and public research, policy advocacy, project evaluation, monitoring and implementation and public management at national, sub-regional and global levels including the United Nations, African Union and Regional Economic Communities in the areas of democracy and governance, civil society, peace and security, conflict analysis and peace building, public policy and social development.
- Working experience in international organization with progressively more experience in governance research in various capacities.
- Academic research and work with research institutions, universities, think tanks or policy advisories related to human rights, peace and security, electoral governance, organising or monitoring elections in Africa is required.
- Project management experience and ability to respect deadlines
- Experience in writing and/or editing materials for publications.
- Academic research on human rights, peace and security, public administration and related work with research institutions, universities, think tanks or policy advisories related to governance in Africa is required;
- Good analytical skills. Strong policy development experience at international and regional level.
v)Knowledge of the AU-APRM
- Extensive knowledge of the Constitutive Act of the African Union as well as the overall objectives of the APRM, particularly in the thematic area of electoral governance,
- Extensive knowledge of the Declarations and Decisions of the OAU/AU (including the 1990 Declaration on the political and socio-economic situation in Africa and the fundamental changes taking place in the world, the 1995 Cairo Agenda for the Re-launch of Africa’s Economic and Social Development, the 1999 Algiers Declaration on Unconstitutional Changes of Government, 2000 Lomé Declaration for an OAU Response to Unconstitutional Changes of Government; the African Charter on Democracy, Elections and Governance and other relevant declarations and platforms;
- Knowledge of APRM and AU Policy Organs and procedures and processes
- Experience with the African Union or other international institutions in the above disciplines and areas is an added advantage.
The APRM invites eligible Individual National Consultants to indicate their interest for the above-mentioned consultancy by providing the requisite information and documentation:
- Full curriculum vitae that includes information on nationality, age of the Consultant , educational qualifications, professional experience, and expertise.
- Proof of all academic and professional qualifications by submitting copies of relevant Certificates and Testimonials.
- Provide one relevant writing sample/ published report demonstrating writing and research experience and skills on the topic.
The short-listing and the selection procedure shall be done in accordance with the AU Procurement Manual, version 2.0 dated July 2016. Only Shortlisted Candidates shall be issued with the Terms of Reference (TORS)
Interested Consultants may obtain further information by contacting [email protected] during office hours (8h00 -17h00 SAST). Clarification shall be published on the APRM website (www.aprm-au.org) and MUST be requested not less than seven days prior to the closing date of the bid.
SUBMISSION OF BID:
1)Expressions of interest must be submitted via email: [email protected] on or before 13th September 2022 at 11.00am South Africa Standard Time. The EOI Shall be Opened on 13th September 2022 at 11.00am South Africa time.
2)Submission to be titled: PROCUREMENT NUMBER: APRM/USAID/IC/SL/AGR/11B/2022: INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT AGR-2023 TARGETED REVIEW ON UNCONSTITUTIONAL CHANGES OF GOVERNMENT: SIERRA LEONE
3)Only bids submitted on time shall be accepted.
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29
Submission Email: [email protected]
[pdf-embedder url="https://www.aprm-au.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/READVERT-SL-REVISED-REQUEST-FOR-EXPRESSIONS-OF-INTEREST_NATIONAL-Consultant_SIERRA-LEONE.pdf" title="RE-ADVERT - REOI - INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT AGR-2023 TARGETED REVIEW ON UNCONSTITUTIONAL CHANGES OF GOVERNMENT: SIERRA LEONE"]