2-pages-APRM REOI_and Shortlisting Criteria APRM-Mid Term Review Individual ConsultantDownload File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
EOI 9/2019: INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT THE MID-TERM REVIEW OF THE APRM STRATEGIC PLAN FOR THE PERIOD 2016-2020
Financing Agreement reference: 2100155036916
Project ID No.: P-Z1-K00-084
Country: South Africa
Project Title: APRM-ISP
Date Issued: 22nd May, 2019
This Request for Expression of Interest supersedes the one that was advertised on 26th April, 2019 and also provides the relevant shortlisting criteria (attached). The closing date has been extended from 25th May 2019 to 7th June 2019 at 11.00 hrs local time.
The African Peer Review Mechanism has received financing from the African Development Bank toward funding to African Peer Review Mechanism Institutional Support Project, and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to undertake an independent a Mid-Term Review of APRM Strategic Plan for the year 2016-2020.
APRM intends to conduct an independent a mid-term review of APRM Strategic Plan for the year 2016-2020 through a participatory process involving the APRM Secretariat, critical stakeholders and key partners. The Consultant will be expected to support the process and provide technical expertise to develop methodologies, instruments to be used in guiding review process and deliverance of the final document.
3) DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The expected commencement date for the assignment is July 2019 and the duration is four (4) months that is from July to October 2019. The sequencing of the deliverables and specific timelines will be agreed prior to contract signature.
4) ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
Interested and eligible Consultants shall provide information demonstrating amongst others that they have the necessary qualifications, capability and experience to undertake this assignment.
5) WORK PERMIT
Successful Consultant who is not a Citizen of South Africa, will be required to arrange for work permit upon signing the contract. The shortlisting criteria are listed below.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations”, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Expressions of interest must be submitted by email or physically to the address below on or before 7th June 2019 at 1100hrs. The REOI shall be opened on 7th June 2019 at 1100hrs local time
Submissions to be titled: “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: EOI 9/2019: INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT THE MID-TERM REVIEW OF THE APRM STRATEGIC PLAN FOR THE PERIOD 2016-2020”
All applications in writing should be accompanied by up-to-date Certified Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents (Note: do not send originals) with the names and addresses of three referees, one of which should be the last consultancy and addressed to:
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor, Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29 Fax: +27 256 3456
Contact: Prof. Aboubaker Chedikh Beye: [email protected]
Consultants are required to demonstrate the ability to undertake the assignment. The CV shall be examined for the following information:
- Minimum Master’s degree in Strategic Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation or related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Strategic Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation or related field;
- Knowledge of/experience with Bank/other international development organizations’ procurement procedures;
- Good knowledge of the M&E systems and project plan;
- Fluency in spoken English and ability to write lucid reports and documents in English is required; knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
- Strong organization skills and ability to work in a team-oriented, dynamic and diverse environment;
- Proven track record in working effectively within multidisciplinary teams, recognize the value of sharing ideas, knowledge and information with others and takes personal responsibility for doing so;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, training experience, ability to identify and resolve policy and operational constraints;
- Demonstrated computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite especially, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently, or under minimum supervision;
- Demonstrated capacity for initiative and efficient decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated competence by the level of timeliness and accuracy the individual displays in carrying out his/her role, personal energy and enthusiasm and willingness to exceed expectations in his/her role;
- Ability to plan and organize effectively and build alternative actions into plans, deploying resources effectively and reviewing priorities;
- A commitment to supporting counterpart staff to achieve the outcomes and objectives of the Project;
- Recognition and respect of peers, and a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collegially with peers at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments on capacity issues that will require management referral and guidance;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and analyses clearly and tactfully, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to transfer skills and knowledge and
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to challenges and changes in the workplace.