REOI - ECONOMIC GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT (EGM)RESEARCH FELLOWDownload File
AFRICAN PEER REVIEW MECHANISM INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT PROJECT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
APRM/EOI / 19B/2019: REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST:
ECONOMIC GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT (EGM)RESEARCH FELLOW
Financing Agreement reference: 2100155036916
Project ID No.: P-Z1-K00-084
Country: South Africa
The African Peer Review Mechanism is implementing a Research Fellowship Program, with support from the African Development Bank (AfDB), that is directed at engaging a researcher fellow who earned PhD, from internationally recognised universities or schools. The program seeks a researcher in the fields of international relations, public policy and administration, international trade law, public finance management, economics, business finance, or any other field of study relevant to Economic Governance and Management (EGM)
The Applicate should have the following:
- Minimum of a PhD degree in Economics (specializations in financial economics, international economics, institutional economics, monetary economics, public economics, regional and urban economics, and resource economics), Law and Economics, Political Economy and Government, Public Administration, Public Policy or directly related fields.
- Academic research and work with research institutions, universities, think tanks or policy advisories related to economic governance in the African context.
- Experience with the African Union or other international institutions is an added advantage.
The fellowship is scheduled to commence in the second week of May 2020 and will run for a period of one year.
APRM seeks to engage qualified Africans to contribute to the economic governance research agenda on the continent through the APRM Fellowship Programme.
Interested candidates must provide information indicating that they are qualified by submitting the following documents:
- Motivational letter – statement an expression of interest and suitability for the assignment, including a brief description of the key research project the applicant seeks to pursue at the APRM
- Curriculum Vitae – Send updated CV with references
- List four referees – At least two referees as nationals of the African Union
- Writing samples – Published or unpublished academic or policy research.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations”, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at www.afdb.org.
Interested Applicants may obtain further information through Email: [email protected]. Applicants should preferably be citizens of an African Union member state or of the African diaspora. Eligible women are encouraged to apply.
MODE OF SUBMISSION
Expressions of interest must be submitted by email to [email protected] or physically to the address below by 31st March 2020 at 1100hrs. Submissions to be titled: APRM/ EOI /19B/2019: REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: ECONOMIC GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT RESEARCH FELLOW
SUBMISSION THROUGH ANY OTHER EMAIL WILL BE REJECTED
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29
Fax: +2711 256 3456