REOI - EOI 7B/2019: INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT JUNIOR ARCHIVISTDownload File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
AFRICA REVIEW MECHANISM INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT (APRM-ISP)
EOI 7B/2019: INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT JUNIOR ARCHIVIST
Financing Agreement reference: 2100155036916
Project ID No.: P-Z1-K00-084
Project Title: APRM-ISP
Country: South Africa
The African Peer Review Mechanism has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the African Peer Review Mechanism Institutional Support Project and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant as payments towards the contract for Junior Archivist Consultant. The assignment includes the following:
- Identify and archive all existing digital resources and sources;
- Assist in organizing information resource base using standard tools and techniques;
- Assist in planning, designing and implementing digital information services and searching;
- Assist in setting-up robust and secure computing infrastructure and e-library platform; and
- Provide access to information for everyone in an Open Access Environment.
The Junior Archivist Consultancy is scheduled to commence in May 2020 and the duration for the assignment shall be 12 Months.
The APRM now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The shortlisting criteria will be as follows.
Qualifications, Experience and Competence
- Qualification: Minimum University bachelor’s degree) in Library and information science, Archivist, Documentarist or Librarian.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in public or private organizations providing archiving or managing Library.
- Competence: Excellent knowledge in Archive Science and Library Management.
- Organisational competences and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment. Have good interpersonal and organisational skills,
- Good communication skill, capacity to identify and resolve issues
- Have full knowledge of computer system including internet navigation and various Microsoft Officer application such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and MS Power Point.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, establish priorities and ability to work independently or with minimum supervision
- Up-to-date Certified Curriculum Vitae and supporting relevant professional & academic documents and three referees.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations”, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below; Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address E–mail: tender[email protected]
SUBMISSION OF BID : Expressions of interest must be submitted by email or physically to the E-mail [email protected] Or address below on or before on 18th March 2020, at 1100hrs. The REOI shall be opened on 18th March 2020 at 1100hrs, only shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit proposal / detailed CVs for evaluation.
Submissions to be titled: EOI 7B/2019: “Expression of Interest for Junior Archivist Consultant”
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29
Fax: +27 256 3456
E-mail : [email protected]