REOI – FIRM CONSULTANCY SERVICES: PROCUREMENT OF EXPENDITURE VERIFICATION SERVICES FOR A GRANT CONTRACT OF EXTERNAL ACTION OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
REOI - FIRM CONSULTANCY SERVICES: PROCUREMENT OF EXPENDITURE VERIFICATION SERVICES FOR A GRANT CONTRACT OF EXTERNAL ACTION OF THE EUROPEAN UNIONDownload File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
FIRM CONSULTANCY SERVICES: PROCUREMENT OF EXPENDITURE VERIFICATION SERVICES FOR A GRANT CONTRACT OF EXTERNAL ACTION OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
PROCUREMENT NUMBER: APRM/EOI/14/EU/EV/ /2021
GRANT CONTRACT NUMBER AND TITLE OF THE ACTION:
PANAF/2020/420-467- Strengthening the Capacity of the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM).
SELECTION METHOD: LEAST COST SELECTION METHOD AND PROCEDURES
In December 2020, The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) received financing from the European Union (EU) in support of a three-year project. This project takes place within the framework of the African Governance Architecture Support Project (AGA-SP), consistent with the Africa-EU Partnership 2020-2023.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the achievement of Aspiration 3: ‘An Africa of good governance, respect for human rights, justice and the rule of law’ and Aspiration 6 ‘An Africa, whose development is people driven, relying on the potential of African people, especially its women and youth, and caring for children’ of the African Union’s Agenda 2063.
Under this grant and project, the APRM hereby seeks to procure the services of an experienced firm to carry out verification of expenditure declared in the financial reports.
The expenditure verifications contracted by the coordinator will cover the verification of expenditure incurred under the EU financed contracts on the cover sheet.
2. Objectives and context
The Expenditure Verifier is expected of the following:
- To assess the risks of material errors or misstatements in the expenditure and revenue declared in the Financial Report in order to determine the size and structure of the expenditure sample to be tested.
- To issue reports based on Expenditure Verification template (will be part of the TORS) which will support the Contracting Authority’s conclusions on the eligibility of the reported expenditure and the related follow-up.
The expenditure verification will be performed as a desk review or/and fieldwork at APRM offices, 230 15th Road Raandjies Park, Halfway House, Midrand, Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa.
The Expenditure Verifier is not expected to provide an audit opinion.
3. Standards and Ethics
The Expenditure Verifier shall undertake this engagement in accordance with the following:
- The International Standard on Related Services (‘ISRS’) 4400 Engagements to perform Agreed-upon Procedures regarding Financial Information as promulgated by the IFAC.
- The IFAC Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants, developed and issued by IFAC’s International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA), which establishes fundamental ethical principles for Auditors with regard to integrity, objectivity, independence, professional competence and due care, confidentiality, professional behaviour and technical standards.
Although ISRS 4400 provides that independence is not a requirement for agreed-upon procedures engagements, the coordinator requires that the Expenditure Verifier is independent from the Coordinator and complies with the independence requirements of the IFAC Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants.
4. Requirements for the Expenditure Verifier
The Expenditure Verifier confirms meeting or (provide proof) on at least one of the following conditions:
- The Expenditure Verifier is a member of a national accounting or auditing body or institution which in turn is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
- The Expenditure Verifier is a member of a national accounting or auditing body or institution. Although this organisation is not member of the IFAC, the Expenditure Verifier commits to undertake this expenditure verification in accordance with the IFAC standards and ethics set out in these ToR.
- The Expenditure Verifier is registered as a statutory auditor in the public register of a public oversight body in an EU member state in accordance with the principles of public oversight set out in Directive 2006/43/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council (this applies to auditors and audit firms based in an EU member state).
- The Expenditure Verifier is registered as a statutory auditor in the public register of a public oversight body in a third country and this register is subject to principles of public oversight as set out in the legislation of the country concerned (this applies to auditors and audit firms based in a third country).
The short-listing and the selection procedure shall be done in accordance with the AU Procurement Manual, version 2.0 dated July 2016. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be issued with the Terms of Reference (TORS) for the exercise.
Interested firms may obtain further information by contacting [email protected] during office hours (8h00 -17h00 SAST). Clarifications shall be published on the APRM website (www.aprmau.org ) and MUST be requested not less than seven days prior to the closing date of the bid.
7. SUBMISSION OF BID; CLOSING & OPENING DATE
- EOI must be submitted online via email: [email protected] ;on or before 11th January 2022 at 11.00am South Africa Time. The EOI shall be Opened on 11th January 2022 at 11.00 hours South Africa time .
- Submission to be titled: PROCUREMENT NUMBER: APRM/EOI/14/EU/EV/ /2021: FIRM CONSULTANCY SERVICES: PROCUREMENT OF EXPENDITURE VERIFICATION SERVICES OF A GRANT CONTRACT EXTERNAL ACTION OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
- Only bids submitted on time shall be accepted.
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa