REOI – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT: CHIEF TECHNICAL ADVISOR FOR 1ST PAN-AFRICAN INTER-PARTY DIALOGUE (PAIPD).
REOI - INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT: CHIEF TECHNICAL ADVISOR FOR 1ST PAN-AFRICAN INTER-PARTY DIALOGUE (PAIPD)Download File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
EOI/ APRM/RM /CTA/06/1//2021
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT: CHIEF TECHNICAL ADVISOR FOR 1ST PAN-AFRICAN INTER-PARTY DIALOGUE (PAIPD).
Country: South Africa
Duty station: APRM Secretariat Offices in Midrand
Description of the assignment: Chef Technical Advisor for 1st Pan-African Inter- Party Dialogue
Period of assignment/services: 3 Months
The conference would contribute to existing efforts of four regional (pan-African) and sub-regional institutionalized parliamentary groupings which can be used as starting points for supporting and encouraging pan-African or sub-regional party to-party partnerships but with a particular focus on intra-party democracy.
ECOWAS, AUC Commission through the Department of Political Affairs and the Pan-African Parliament have done significant work in in terms of inter-party partnerships areas through promoting dialogue and cooperation between the political parties, the media and civil society. These groups have led the way as important consultative body in addressing some of the major issues confronting the sub-regions of the continent, such as poverty, HIV/AIDS, conflict and other social ills. The APRM would like to contribute but with a particular focus on governance.
The Chief Technical Data Consultant shall undertake internet research to facilitate the development and management of i) the database of African Political Parties, ii) establishing the continental reference group and planning committees, iii) support the drafting of the final proposal , programme and concept note, iv) organising continual working groups.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Phd or double Master’s degree in political science, international relations, international economics, international law, or related field is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in political science, international relations, law, disarmament, security, development management, conflict resolution or related area is required
- Experience in drafting policy documents, analytical notes and reports is desirable.
- Experience in networking with academic institutions, research organizations and think-tanks in the area of international peace and security is desirable.
Experience in areas related to conflict prevention and peace-making is desirable.
- Academic research and work with research institutions, universities, think tanks or policy advisories related to the thematic areas with the African Union or other international institutions is an added advantage.
Extensive knowledge on protocols and instruments relative to the African Union, Agenda 2063, UN SDGs, AGDEC and the APRM governance framework.
Only shortlisted candidates will be subjected to technical evaluation.
Interested Consultants may obtain further information through Email: tender[email protected]. during office hours 8.00 -1700hrs South Africa time. Any clarification to the bid shall be published on APRM Website. Clarification should be sought not less than seven day to the date of closing the bid.
SUBMISSION OF BID: Expressions of interest must be submitted by email [email protected]. on or before 20th of July 2021 11.00 hours South Africa time). Submissions to be titled: EOI/ APRM/RM /CTA/06/2021 “Expression of Interest for a Chief Technical Advisor for 1st Pan- African Inter-Party Dialogue (PAIPD).
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29
Fax: +27 256 3456
E-mail: [email protected]