REOI - INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT: RESARCH LIAISON FOR 1ST PAN-AFRICAN INTER-PARTY DIALOGUE (PAIPD)Download File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
EOI/ APRM/RM /RL/06/2/2021
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT: RESARCH LIAISON FOR 1ST PAN-AFRICAN INTER-PARTY DIALOGUE (PAIPD)
Country: South Africa
Duty station: APRM Secretariat Offices in Midrand
Description of the assignment: Research Liaison for 1st Pan-African Inter- Party Dialogue
Period of assignment/services: 3 Months
The conference would contribute to existing efforts of four regional (pan-African) and sub-regional institutionalized parliamentary groupings which can be used as starting points for supporting and encouraging pan-African or sub-regional party to-party partnerships but with a particular focus on intra-party democracy.
ECOWAS, AUC Commission through the Department of Political Affairs and the Pan-African Parliament have done significant work in in terms of inter-party partnerships areas through promoting dialogue and cooperation between the political parties, the media and civil society. These groups have led the way as important consultative body in addressing some of the major issues confronting the sub-regions of the continent, such as poverty, HIV/AIDS, conflict and other social ills. The APRM would like to contribute but with a particular focus on governance.
Under the guidance and supervision of the chief technical advisor, the Research Liaison shall undertake research to facilitate the development and management of i) the database of African Political organisations , ii) establishing the continental planning committee, iii) support the drafting of the final proposal, programme and concept note, iv) organization of the continual reference groups and adhoc planning committee.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Education: The suitable candidate should possess at least a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university majoring in Politics, International Relations, African Political Economy, Economics, Public Administration
- Experience and Skills:
- Experience relevant to the specific area of assignment will be an added advantage;
- Extensive knowledge of the African Union institutional frameworks, in particular:
- The African Charter on Democracy, Elections and Governance (ACDEG
- The African Union Election Observation Mission Report,
- The African Union Guidelines for Elections Observation and Monitoring Missions
- The OAU/AU Declaration on Principles Governing Democratic Elections in Africa
- The African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights
- Demonstrated ability for teamwork as well as the ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the electoral processes and aforementioned frameworks;
- Knowledge of the national political party structures, processes and issues in Africa;
Ability to deliver quality outputs within tight deadlines
Only shortlisted candidates will be subjected to technical evaluation.
Interested Consultants may obtain further information through Email: tender[email protected]. during office hours 8.00 -1700hrs South Africa time. Any clarification to the bid shall be published on APRM Website. Clarification should be sought not less than seven day to the date of closing the bid.
SUBMISSION OF BID: Expressions of interest must be submitted by email [email protected]. on or before 20th of July 2021 11.00 hours South Africa time). Submissions to be titled: EOI/ APRM/RM /RL/06/2/2021 “Expression of Interest for a Research Liaison for 1st Pan- African Inter-Party Dialogue (PAIPD).
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29
Fax: +27 256 3456
E-mail: [email protected]