REOI – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT THE SIZE AND SECTORAL DISTRIBUTION OF STATE-OWNED ENTERPRISES REPORT IN AFRICA
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
EOI 2/2019: INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
THE SIZE AND SECTORAL DISTRIBUTION OF STATE-OWNED ENTERPRISES REPORT IN AFRICA
AFRICAN PEER REVIEW MECHANISM INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT PROJECT
Financing Agreement reference: 2100155036916
Project ID No.: P-Z1-K00-084
The African Peer Review Mechanism has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the African Peer Review Mechanism Institutional Support Project. In the context of the implementation of the APRM Institutional Support Project, the APRM intends to recruit a consultant to develop a report that will describe the size, sectoral distribution and corporate forms of national State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) sectors as well as the challenges and opportunities SOEs face in African countries.
- To describe the SOEs landscape in Africa in terms of size, sectoral distribution and corporate forms and inform policy makers on their role in national economy;
- To understand dynamics, challenges and opportunities of SOEs in African countries.
The assignment is scheduled to commence in April 2019.
The Consultant shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum of Master’s degree in a field relevant to the assignment, for example in Corporate Governance, Political Science, Public Policy and Administration, Statistics, Economics, Development Studies, Results Based Management related social science fields.
- And a Bachelor’s degree in any social science field related to Governance.
- A PhD Will be an added advantage
- Must have evidence of published work especially in the field of governance
The APRM now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (curriculum vitae and certificates, degrees etc.).
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations”, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below.
Expressions of interest must be submitted by email or physically to the address below by 10th April 2019 at 1700hrs. Submissions to be titled: “Expression of Interest for SOEs in Africa Consultant”
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29
Fax: +27 256 3456
E-mail: [email protected]