REOI – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO DEVELOP THE OPERATIONAL FRAMEWORK OF THE APRM GOVERNANCE SUPPORT PROGRAMME
REOI - INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO DEVELOP THE OPERATIONAL FRAMEWORK OF THE APRM GOVERNANCE SUPPORT PROGRAMMEDownload File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
PROCUREMENT NUMBER: APRM/AfDB/IC/DOF /35B/2022: INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO DEVELOP THE OPERATIONAL FRAMEWORK OF THE APRM GOVERNANCE SUPPORT PROGRAMME
Financing Agreement reference: 2100155036916
Project ID No.: P-Z1-K00-084
Country: South Africa
Project Title: APRM-ISP
The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) has received financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB) toward the cost of the APRM Institutional Support Project and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant as payment towards the procurement of an experienced Individual Consultant Individual Consultant to Develop the Operational Framework of The APRM Governance Support programme
The objective of the APRM Governance Support Programme is to ensure that APRM Participating States that have been peer reviewed implement their Nation Plans of Actions (NPoAs) recommendations emanating from the review process. This is in line with the principles of the APRM Deepening the Review Process which were adopted by the 30th African Peer Review Forum of Heads of State and Government held in March, 2021 and endorsed by the AU Assembly through Decision Assembly/AU/Dec. 818 (XXXV). The NPoA implementation has been a challenge in some member states due to financial constraint. APRM intends to capitalize on the accelerators (i.e., actions and indicators in the NPoA) base on predefined criteria and develop smart and country relevant project in line with the regional pipeline prioritization that will have greatest impact and spill-over effect on the political and socio-economic development.
The overall objective of the project is to develop the Operational Framework of The APRM Governance Support programme including the Management Structure of the Programme, Capitalisation and Resource Mobilisation, Strategy, Operational and other related matters. This should be based on an extensive scoping and in-depth analysis on how similar funds operate to inform an appropriate design of the APRM Governance Support Programme focusing on capitalisation and sustainability.
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The duration of the assignment is estimated at thirty (30) non-consecutive working days over a duration of five (5) months starting from the date the contract is signed. The Consultant is expected to execute all the deliverables within that period. The Terms of Reference will provide more details on the assignment.
In consultation with relevant staff at the APRM Continental Secretariat, Taskforce on the APRM Governance Support Programme, the consultant shall prepare and submit expected deliverables as prescribed in the Terms of Reference.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The Consultant MUST have one of the following educational backgrounds, experiences and skills and MUST ATTACH THE RELEVANT CERTIFICATES AND TESTIMONIALS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business studies, management, economics, law or related field specialising in investments, fund management, asset management, insurance, life assurance or related fields with at least Twenty (20) years of relevant experience with finance institutions, the development and management of funds in international financial institutions or
- A PHD in the same disciplines with at least seven (7) years’ experience, or a Master’s degree in the same disciplines with at least ten (10) years senior level experience in similar or comparable fields will be an added advantage
- Candidate should have substantive experience asset management, investments, and / fund management at national, sub-regional and global levels including the United Nations, African Union and Regional Economic Communities preferably regional development banks, multi-lateral agencies as well as in multilateral development finance.
- Have extensive knowledge of :
- The Constitutive Act of the African Union,
- AU Agenda 2063,
- Africa Peer Review Mechanism
- AU Policy Organs and procedures and processes
- AU Financial Institutions and Funds
The APRM invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest for the above-mentioned consultancy by providing the requisite information and documentation:
- Full curriculum vitae that includes information on educational qualifications, professional experience, and expertise.
- Proof of all academic and professional qualifications by submitting copies of relevant Certificates and Testimonials.
- Provide one relevant writing sample/ published report demonstrating writing and research experience.
The short-listing and the selection procedure shall be done in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations”, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http:/www.afdb.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be issued with the Terms of Reference (TORs).
Interested Consultants may obtain further information by contacting [email protected] during office hours (8h00 -17h00 SAST). Clarification shall be published on the APRM website (www.aprmau.org) and MUST be requested not less than seven days prior to the closing date of the bid.
SUBMISSION OF BID:
- Expressions of interest must be submitted via email: [email protected] on or before 28th September 2022 at 11.00 am (South Africa Standard Time). The EOI Shall be opened on 28th September 2022 at 11.00 am (South Africa time).
- Submissions should be titled: PROCUREMENT NUMBER: APRM/AfDB/IC/DOF /35B/2022: PROCUREMENT NUMBER: APRM/AfDB/IC/LI/35B/2022: INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO DEVELOP THE OPERATIONAL FRAMEWORK OF THE APRM GOVERNANCE SUPPORT PROGRAMME
- Only bids submitted on time shall be accepted.
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29
Submission Email: [email protected]