REOI – INDIVIDUAL INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT A TARGETED REVIEW ON “THE UNDERDEVELOPMENT OF AGRICULTURE IN UGANDA”
REOI - INDIVIDUAL INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT A TARGETED REVIEW ON “THE UNDERDEVELOPMENT OF AGRICULTURE IN UGANDA”Download File
TARGETED REVIEW: REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
PROCUREMENT NUMBER : EOI/ APRM/TR /UG/20B/2021
INDIVIDUAL INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT A TARGETED REVIEW ON
“THE UNDERDEVELOPMENT OF AGRICULTURE IN UGANDA”
Financing Agreement reference: 2100155036916
Project ID No.: P-Z1-K00-084
Country: South Africa
Project Title: APRM-ISP
The African Peer Review Mechanism has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the African Peer Review Mechanism Institutional Support Project and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant as payments towards the procurement of an experienced Individual International Consultant to conduct a Targeted Review on the theme, “The Underdevelopment of Agriculture in The Republic of Uganda”.
The objective of the Targeted Review is to identify key issues responsible for “The Underdevelopment of agriculture’’ in the Republic of Uganda as a way for its improvement. In other words, the Targeted Review Report will bring out government’s efforts to manage any issue or challenges in the sector and give recommendations for improvement of the agricultural sector in the best interest of the economy and people of Uganda.
The Consultant shall follow and be guided by the objectives contained within each APRM thematic area, that is: Socioeconomic Development (SED) Economic Governance and Management (EGM), Corporate Governance (CG) and Democracy and Political Governance (DPG).
The duration of the assignment is estimated as thirty (30) days including field days, starting July 2021.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The Consultant MUST have one of the following educational backgrounds, experiences and skills and must attach relevant certificates.
- A PhD in Agricultural Science (agronomy) and/or in Agricultural economics and/or in related fields with a minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating agricultural programmes or other relevant programmes that involve coordination with National, Continental, or International agencies; or
- A Masters’ degree in Agricultural Science (agronomy) and/or in Agricultural economics and/or in related fields with a minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating agricultural programmes or other relevant programmes that involve coordination with National, Continental, or international agencies.
The APRM invites eligible Individual International Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services by providing the requisite information and documentation:
- Full curriculum vitae that includes information on educational qualifications, professional experience, expertise, and referees.
- Proof of all academic and professional qualifications listed on the CV through submitting copies of relevant degree certificates.
- Provide one relevant writing sample/ published report demonstrating writing and research experience.
Have broad knowledge of International Relations, Development and Reform issues in Africa and Globally.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations”, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be issued with the Terms of Reference (TORS)
Interested Consultants may obtain further information through Email: tender[email protected] during office hours 8.00 -1700hrs South Africa time. Any clarification to the bid shall be published on APRM Website. Clarification MUST be sought not less than seven days to the date of closing the bid .
SUBMISSION OF BID: Expressions of interest must be submitted by email [email protected] or physically delivered to the address below on or before 2nd July 2021 at 11.00 hours South Africa time. The EOI Shall be Opened on 2nd July 2021 at 11.00 hours South Africa time.
Submissions to be titled: PROCUREMENT NUMBER : EOI/ APRM/TR /UG/20B /2021 “Expression of Interest for Targeted Review, Individual International Consultant on “The Underdevelopment of Agriculture in The Republic of Uganda.”
Only bids submitted on time shall be accepted. Bids submitted with wrong submission title shall be rejected.
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29
Fax: +27 256 3456
Submission E-mail: [email protected]