REOI – INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT A TARGETED REVIEW ON “THE UNDERDEVELOPMENT OF INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA”
REOI - INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT A TARGETED REVIEW ON “THE UNDERDEVELOPMENT OF INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA”Download File
TARGETED REVIEW: REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
PROCUREMENT NUMBER : EOI/ APRM/TR /UG/EU /01/2021
INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT A TARGETED REVIEW ON
“THE UNDERDEVELOPMENT OF INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA”
Grant Number: PANAF/2020/420-467
Country: South Africa
Project Title: APRM: AGA-SP
In December 2020, The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) received financing from the European Union (EU) in support of a three-year project. This project takes place within the framework of the African Governance Architecture Support Project (AGA-SP), consistent with the Africa-EU Partnership 2020-2023. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the achievement of Aspiration 3: ‘An Africa of good governance, respect for human rights, justice and the rule of law’ and Aspiration 6 ‘An Africa, whose development is people driven, relying on the potential of African people, especially its women and youth, and caring for children’ of the African Union’s Agenda 2063.
Under this grant and project, the APRM hereby seeks to procure the services of an experienced Individual International Consultant to conduct a Targeted Review on the theme “The underdevelopment of infrastructure in the Republic of Uganda”.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of the Targeted Review is to identify key issues addressing the “Under-development of Infrastructure in the Republic of Uganda” as a way for Uganda to fulfil its economic and social development mandate. The Targeted Review report will identify and highlight government efforts to promote infrastructural development, improve road, rail and air infrastructure and give recommendations to address any gaps and challenges where possible, for the benefit of the people of Uganda.
The Consultant shall follow and be guided by the objectives contained within each APRM thematic area: Socioeconomic Development (SED) Economic Governance and Management (EGM), Corporate Governance (CG) and Democracy and Political Governance (DPG).
TIME FRAME & COMMENCEMENT
The consultancy will be conducted in thirty (30) days, including field mission. However, the consultant shall remain available for any contribution until an acceptable Report is submitted. The Consultancy is scheduled to commence July 2021.
In consultation with relevant staff of the APRM Continental Secretariat and other stakeholders, the consultant shall prepare and submit the following on the 14th day from the date of the contract:
- A Background paper of about 20 pages;
- A Key Issue Paper and Questionnaire
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
The Consultant MUST have the following education profiles:
- A PhD in Development Economics, Statistics, Business Administration, Transport Economics, or related fields, with a minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in developing, implementing and evaluating infrastructural development (road, air and rail) programs or other relevant programs that involve coordination with National implementing agencies. or
- A Master’s degree in Development Economics, Statistics, Business Administration, Transport Economics, Transport Economics, or related fields, with a minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant experience in developing, implementing and evaluating infrastructural development (road, air and rail) programs or other relevant programs that involve coordination with National implementing agencies.
The APRM invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest for the above-mentioned consultancy by providing the requisite information and documentation:
- Full curriculum vitae that includes information on educational qualifications, professional experience, expertise, and referees.
- Proof of all academic and professional qualifications listed on the CV through submitting copies of relevant degree certificates.
- Provide one relevant writing sample/ published report demonstrating writing and research experience.
- Have broad knowledge of International Relations, Development and Reform issues in Africa and Globally.
The short-list and the selection procedure shall be in done in accordance with the AU Procurement Manual, version 2.0 dated July 2016. Only Shortlisted Candidates shall be issued with the Terms of Reference (TORS)
Interested Consultants may obtain further information by contacting [email protected] during office hours (8h00 -17h00 SAST). Clarification shall be published on the APRM website (www.aprm-au.org) and MUST be requested not less than seven days prior to the closing date of the bid.
SUBMISSION OF BID:
- Expressions of interest must be submitted via email: [email protected] or physically delivered to Procurement office, African Peer Review Mechanism, Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685. Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor, Midrand, South Africa on or before 27th May 2021 at 11.00am South Africa Time. The EOI Shall be Opened on 27th May 2021 at 11.00 hours South Africa time.
- Submission to be titled: Procurement Number: EOI/APRM/TR /UG/EU /01/2021- Expression of interest for Targeted Review: Individual National Consultant “To conduct a review on “The underdevelopment of infrastructure in the Republic of Uganda”.
- Only bids submitted on time shall be accepted. Bids submitted with wrong submission title shall be rejected.