REOI - INDIVIDUAL TRAVEL CONSULTANTDownload File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
PROCUREMENT NUMBER: REOI/APRM/OP/PAT/01/06/2022
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN INDIVIDUAL TRAVEL CONSULTANT
Assignment : Individual Travel Consultant
Type of Contract : Consultancy Contract
Duty Station : APRM Office, Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Reporting Directorate : Operations
Duration : Three Month
The Individual Travel Consultant will provide support to ensure efficient delivery of travel related activities within the APRM Travel Unit and ensure full compliance of the APRM procedures and policies.
TOR Travel Assistant Consultant
- Provide assistance in the Travel Unit in all travel related matters within the APRM.
- Liaise with the travellers to ascertain all travel requirements, provide trip itineraries for travellers, and communicate with travellers regarding their travel needs.
- Ensure that the internal travel documentation is approved in compliance with the APRM policies and procedures prior to communication with the Travel Agent.
- Coordinate with the Travel Agent to obtain and arrange the travellers’ flights including receiving and dispatching of tickets.
- Assist in logistical arrangements for conferences, workshops, and training in line with the APRM policies and procedures.
- Reconcile all travel invoices received from the Travel Agent ensuring compliance with the APRM policies and procedures, as well as ensuring invoices are recorded and billed to the appropriate department.
- Work with finance in processing payments to the Travel Agent.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Diploma or University bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Logistics, Tourism.
- 5 year working experience in the Travel Industry.
- Advanced Diploma in IATA is an added advantage.
- Certificate in Amadeus Reservation System and Galileo is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience working with standard software (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and working knowledge of ERP (preferably SAP) is desirable.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours.
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages is an added advantage.
The travel consultant shall report directly to the Head of Corporate Services and will submit all deliverables as per the ToR.
Duration of the Assignment
The duration of the assignment is one (3) month , and the consultant is expected to deliver all the expected outputs.
The Travel Consultant will be paid a fixed lump sum in USD upon satisfactory completion of the assignment.
A contract will be sent to the selected candidate for his/her signature after he/she has accepted these Terms of Reference.
|The selection will be done based on the following criteria:
A minimum of 70% is required for consideration to be appointed
The minimum technical score shall be 70%. Contract shall be awarded to the consultant with the highest technical score.
Interested Consultants may obtain further information through email: [email protected] during office hours 8.00 -1700hrs. Any clarification to the bid shall be published on APRM Website. Clarification should be sought not less than seven days to the date of closing the bid.
Mode of Application/Submission
The proposal shall include the financial sum which should be quoted in as Lump and in USD. All applications should be in writing and accompanied by an up-to-date and detailed Curriculum Vitae with the names and addresses of three referees, Nationality, one of whom should be in the context of the last consultancy with information (on her/his education, experience, expertise, skills and former position capability) pertinent to the items described in the paragraph 13.0 related to the evaluation criteria.
SUBMISSION OF BID: Expressions of interest must be submitted by email [email protected] on or before 28th of June 2022 by 11.00 hours South Africa time).
Submissions to be titled: PROCUREMENT NUMBER: REOI/ APRM/OP/PAT /01/06/2022 “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR: AN INDIVIDUAL TRAVEL CONSULTANT
The applications should be addressed to:
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29
Fax: +27 256 3456
E-mail: [email protected]