REOI (Extended till 20th September 2021) – MULTIMEDIA PRODUCTION AGENCY FOR THE 4TH AFRICAN GOVERNANCE SEMINAR (AGOSS)
REOI (Extended till 20th September) - MULTIMEDIA PRODUCTION AGENCY FOR THE 4TH AFRICAN GOVERNANCE SEMINAR (AGOSS)Download File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
PROCUREMENT NUMBER : REOI/ APRM/RM /MPA/01/09/2021
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR MULTIMEDIA PRODUCTION AGENCY FOR THE 4TH AFRICAN GOVERNANCE SEMINAR (AGOSS)
This bid has been extended till 20th of September at 11am SA time.
The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) is an autonomous entity of the African Union (AU). The primary purpose of the APRM is to foster the adoption of policies, standards and practices that lead to political stability, high economic growth, sustainable development and accelerated sub-regional and continental economic integration through sharing of experiences and reinforcement of successful and best practices. The mandate of the APRM is to ensure that policies and practices of participating Member States conform to the agreed political, economic, and corporate governance values, codes and standards of the African Union.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) Continental Secretariat and the University of the Witwatersrand, WITS School of Governance (WSG), have partnered to deliver the African Governance Seminar Series (AGOSS), a series of research conferences and workshops. The African Governance Seminar Series (AGOSS) was conceived through a collaborative partnership between the two institutions, following the recognition that there is a gap and need to create a platform where academics and practitioners converge to interrogate dominant and orthodox approaches to governance, through an examination of practice, trends and actors. The governance seminar series thus provides an interactive platform for dialogue, debate and construction of afro-genic and afro-centric governance paradigms on the APRM’s four thematic areas, namely; democracy and political governance; economic governance and management; corporate governance and socio-economic development.
The APRM is therefore seeking the services of a capable multimedia production agency to produce summary videos post-event media products for the AGOSS 2021 conference, as per the specifications below.
- PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The consulting agency shall function as an expert technical firm responsible for recording and producing media products of the of Hybrid AGOSS 2021 Conference.
- SCOPE OF THE ASSSIGNMENT
4.1.1 Recording of all proceedings
- Film all the proceedings of the conference. The production team will work closely with the APRM ICT team to ensure management and moderation of the virtual platform, which shall be held as a hybrid of physical and virtual.
- All speakers joining via the virtual platform must be filmed in the highest video and audio quality. The minimum resolution for the virtual platform must be 1080p.The speakers must also be properly lit.
- All speakers and proceedings at the physical location and must be filmed in 4k quality with a minimum of two cameras.
- All audio must be recorded separately on a high quality sound recorder.
- Conduct interviews of 7 pre-selected speakers.
- All interviews must be filmed with a two-camera set up with one camera on a slider. The lighting must be a three-point set up.
- All interview questions must be compiled beforehand by the production team in conjunction with the client.
- All recordings to be in 4k resolution quality.
- All speakers’ audio recordings must be transcribed for ease of reference.
- The production agency must produce a video summary of each of the 15 speakers of a duration of a minimum of 3 minutes. The summary videos should be narrated through the interviews and the presentations done by the various speakers. The production team must properly script these summary videos and to seek approval from the client.
- The production agency must produce a 7–10-minute AGOSS highlights video. The video should capture all the salient points presented by all the speakers and the conference attendees and organisers. This video should also be properly scripted and approved by the client beforehand. The video should position positively the importance of the AGOSS conference.
- All videos should be subtitled in all the AU official languages of English, French, and Arabic.
The incumbent shall, among others, provide the following deliverables:
- All the videos should be delivered digitally via a video-proofing platform for all approvals.
- Final videos should be shared digitally via a secure cloud-based platform.
- All the virtual recordings must also be submitted via cloud-based platform over and above the recordings that would have been made on the virtual platform.
- All videos should be sized for social media (YouTube) and other similar platforms.
- TIME FRAME/DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The AGOSS 2021 conference will be held over two days on 24 and 25 September 2021.
- The first drafts of the videos should be submitted by 25 October 2021.
- The final videos should be submitted to the client by 30 October 2021.
- QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
7.1 Relevant Experience
- Demonstrate 5 years experience in video production.
- Demonstrate 3 years experience in virtual conferencing and live streaming.
- AU/APRM experience will also be beneficial.
- Demonstrate capacity to deliver within the stipulated time frames.
- Acceptable company profile and CVs of key staff demonstrating relevant production experience and qualifications.
- Video production crew experience with minimum 3 years experience.
- FACILITIES AND SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED BY THE CLIENT
The APRM Secretariat shall:
- Facilitate access to relevant information, data, and stakeholders to undertake the assignment.
This assignment will take place in Nairobi, Republic of Kenya.
- PAYMENT SCHEDULE
- 100% payment shall be made no longer than 30 days upon final approval of the deliverables.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
All consultancies will be advertised on an equal opportunity basis.
Applicants should be nationals of AU Member States.
- EVALUATION CRITERIA
Submission and Mandatory Requirements:
The multimedia production agency with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience in video production at a national level, as well as dealing with multilateral agencies at the level of the state, region, or continent;
- Must submit up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) of key staff at the agency.
- Must provide relevant academic and professional certificates to support the CV.
- Submit up-to-date company profile of key the agency, demonstrating relevant production experience work undertaken over the past 1-3 years.
Technical Evaluation Criteria:
The multimedia production process is incumbent upon satisfying the criteria, which is based on the aspirations of the African Union. The Minimum Technical score shall be 70.
|Qualification and Experience||Weight|
|Minimum relevant Diploma for key staff||30|
|ICT and Computer science, Multi-media production, Video production, Copyright, Communications, Graphic design, Digital production, Software development||30|
|Other qualifications: African studies, Administration, Engineering or related field of study.||20|
|Experience of key staff||20|
|Strong background and experience in video production||30|
|Experience working in virtual conferencing and live streaming||10|
|Experience working with the African Union and/or APRM||5|
|Proof of relevant production experience and qualifications.||5|
Overall, the multimedia production agency is accountable for deliverables to the Head of Research, Methodology and Development at the APRM Continental Secretariat.
Ability to deliver quality outputs within tight deadlines
Only shortlisted candidates will be subjected to technical evaluation.
Interested Consultants may obtain further information through Email: tender[email protected] during office hours 8.00 -1700hrs South Africa time. Any clarification to the bid shall be published on APRM Website. Clarification should be sought not less than seven day to the date of closing the bid.
SUBMISSION OF BID: Expressions of interest must be submitted by email [email protected] on or before 20th of September 2021 11.00 hours South Africa time). Submissions to be titled: PROCUREMENT NUMBER: REOI/ APRM/RM /MPA/01/09/2021
“Expression of Interest for Multimedia Production Agency for the 4th African Governance Seminar (AGOSS)
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29
Fax: +27 256 3456
E-mail: [email protected]