REOI – TWO (2) INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS TO CONDUCT A COUNTRY REVIEW MISSION ON DEMOCRACY AND POLITICAL GOVERNANCE IN THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
REOI - TWO (2) INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS TO CONDUCT A COUNTRY REVIEW MISSION ON DEMOCRACY AND POLITICAL GOVERNANCE IN THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIADownload File
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: TWO (2) INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS TO CONDUCT A COUNTRY REVIEW MISSION ON DEMOCRACY AND POLITICAL GOVERNANCE IN THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
PROCUREMENT NUMBER: EOI/ APRM/CRM/DPGNG/EU /04/2021
Grant Number: PANAF/2020/420-467
Country: South Africa
Project Title: APRM: AGA-SP
In December 2020, The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) received financing from the European Union (EU) in support of a three-year project. This project takes place within the framework of the African Governance Architecture Support Project (AGA-SP), consistent with the Africa-EU Partnership 2020-2023. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the achievement of Aspiration 3: ‘An Africa of good governance, respect for human rights, justice and the rule of law’ and Aspiration 6 ‘An Africa, whose development is people driven, relying on the potential of African people, especially its women and youth, and caring for children’ of the African Union’s Agenda 2063.
Under this grant and project, the APRM hereby seeks to procure the services of two (2) experienced individual Consultants (one of whom shall be a lead Team leader) to conduct a Country Review Mission (CRM) in The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The specific Objectives of the CRM are to conduct a field mission to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and carry out broad based consultations with all relevant stakeholders including Government officials, political parties, parliamentarians, academia, trade unions, faith-based organisations, civil society, business, professional bodies and others on Democracy and Political Governance.
The Consultant shall follow and be guided by the objectives contained within the APRM thematic area of Democracy and Political Governance (DPG).
TIME FRAME & COMMENCEMENT
The Consultancy service shall commence upon signing the contract and the duration of the assignment is estimated to three weeks (twenty-one, 21 working days), including the field mission. However, the consultant shall remain available for any contribution until an acceptable Report is submitted.
The Consultancy is scheduled to commence in June/July 2021. In consultation with relevant staff of the APRM Continental Secretariat and other stakeholders, the consultant shall prepare and submit the following documents namely: An issue paper; A zero draft report and a Consolidated Draft report.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The Consultants MUST have the following qualifications:
- Education: Master’s degree in Law and/or Political Sciences or related fields with at least ten years related experience. A will be an added advantage.
- Have produced credible record of publications and research on Democracy and Political Governance in Africa.
- Excellent Knowledge of English language (written & spoken)
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in the areas of democratic institution building, constitutional reforms, human rights at national and international levels in various capacities; including experience in conducting similar assignments in Africa.
- Experience in an APRM country review
- Extensive knowledge of the African Union (AU) Constitutive Act as well as the overall objectives of the APRM, particularly in the thematic area of Democracy and Political Governance (DPG) and its interactions with the other areas;
- Broad knowledge of international relations and developmental issues in Africa.
- Understanding of Africa-focused programs of Development Finance Institutions (e.g., Bretton Woods institutions, UN Agencies etc.) and other developmental partners.
- Strong project management skills and experience and able to respect and adhere to deadlines.
- Experience and knowledge of the Nigerian context particularly on DPG.
- Demonstrative abilities working in a team, as well as being able to work independently.
The APRM invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest for the above-mentioned consultancy by providing the requisite information and documentation:
- Full curriculum vitae that includes information on educational qualifications, professional experience, expertise and referees.
- Proof of all academic and professional qualifications listed on the CV through submitting copies of relevant degree certificates.
- Have broad knowledge of International Relations, Development and Reform issues in Africa and Globally.
The short-list and the selection procedure shall be in done in accordance with the AU Procurement Manual, version 2.0 dated July 2016. Only Shortlisted Candidates shall be issued with the Terms of Reference (TORS).
Interested Consultants may obtain further information by contacting [email protected] during office hours (8h00 -17h00 SAST). Clarification shall be published on the APRM website (www.aprm-au.org) and must be requested not less than seven days prior to the closing date of the bid.
SUBMISSION OF BID:
- Expressions of interest must be submitted via email: [email protected] or physically delivered to Procurement office (Tender Box at the Reception), African Peer Review Mechanism, Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685. Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor, Midrand, South Africa on or before 1st June 2021 at 11.00am South Africa Time. The bids shall be opened on 1st June 2021 at 11.00am South Africa Time
- Submission to be titled: PROCUREMENT NUMBER: EOI/APRM/CRM/DPGNG/EU /04/2021: Individual Consultant to conduct a Country Review Mission on Democracy and Political Governance in The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Only bids submitted on time shall be accepted. Bids submitted with wrong submission title shall be rejected.