TENDER NOTICE – PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR PROVISION OF COMPETENCE BASED TRAINING SERVICES: AT THE AFRICAN PEER REVIEW MECHANISM CONTINENTAL OFFICE, SOUTH AFRICA
TENDER NOTICE - PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR PROVISION OF COMPETENCE BASED TRAINING SERVICES: AT THE AFRICAN PEER REVIEW MECHANISM CONTINENTAL OFFICE, SOUTH AFRICADownload File
Financing Agreement reference: 2100155036916
Project ID No.: P-Z1-K00-084
Country: South Africa
Project Title: APRM-ISP
PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR PROVISION OF COMPETENCE BASED TRAINING SERVICES:
AT THE AFRICAN PEER REVIEW MECHANISM CONTINENTAL OFFICE, SOUTH AFRICA
PROCUREMENT NUMBER: APRM /RFB/AfDB/CBI/ 28B/2022
The African Peer Review Mechanism was established in 2003 by the African Union Heads of State and Government with the primary purpose of fostering practices that lead to political stability, high economic growth, sustainable and inclusive development, as well as accelerated regional and continental integration. It seeks to rectify underlying deficiencies in governance and socioeconomic development processes among member states of the African Union. The APRM covers four thematic areas: (i) Democracy and Political Governance; (ii) Economic Management and Governance; (iii) Corporate Governance; and (iv) Socio-economic Development. Participating countries go through detailed review processes (including consultations with government, the private sector, civil society, and other stakeholders), culminating in a peer review exercise at the level of Heads of State and Government. The APRM as an Autonomous Entity of the Africa Union has also been undergoing through significant reforms and there is a need to improve the secretariats recruitment and selection system. The purpose of this training exercise is to build capacity of the staff members that participates in the organizational recruitment process to ensure that interviews are conducted by CBI certified staff/firm.
The African Peer Review Mechanism on 18th March 2018, received financing from the African Development Bank toward funding of the African Peer Review Mechanism Institutional Support Project . APRM intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to procure a Service Provider to conduct a virtual training on competency-based Interview for APRM staff.
The objective of this training exercise is to build capacity of the staff members that participates in the organizational recruitment process to ensure that interviews are conducted by CBI certified staff to ensure professionalism and consistency.
3)DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT AND LOCATION
The expected commencement date for the assignment will be specified in the contract and the duration shall be 5 calendar days. The firm will work for a period of 5 days on virtual sessions and will be required to be available for consultations at all times during contractual period.
4) ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION
The African Peer Review Mechanism now invites eligible Service Providers to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are eligible and qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments – Competency Based Interview), experience in similar conditions -AU or similar organisation, and appropriate skills.
The prospective bidder/firm must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Valid tax certificate or equivalent document
- Valid business registration documents – Must be licensed company with valid certificate of incorporation.
- Provide power of attorney
- Statement that they have not been debarred by African Union.
- Profile of the company, names and qualification of two key personnel relevant to the assignment. Key person with Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Management, Public Policy and Administration or any other related field with Minimum of five years (5) relevant experience; while the Associate personnel will have with Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Management, Public Policy and Administration or any other related field with Minimum of five years (5) relevant experience; The two must submit Up-to-date Certified Curriculum Vitae and supporting professional & relevant academic documents and three referees
- Experience in undertaking Competency Based Interview training in at least two international institutions – Attached proof contracts/recommendation letters
- Copies of Certificates issued by clients for satisfactory work or any other relevant document.
- The firm must have been in the practicing in field of Human Resource for not less than ten(10) years
- Service Provider should be knowledgeable on the 7 competency -based merits
Note: Bids submitted by bidders that do not fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria will not be considered,
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the pre-qualification list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations”, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org. Interested firm/service providers may obtain further information at the address E-mail: [email protected], for enquiry only
MODE OF APPLICATION
1)The Pre-qualification document must be submitted through email: [email protected] on or before 20th September 2022 at 11:00hrs SAST. The bids shall be opened on 20th September 2022 at 11:00hrs. South Africa time.
2)The Submission should be titled: PROCUREMENT NUMBER : APRM /RFB/AfDB/CBI/ 28B/2022 : PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR PROVISION OF COMPETENCE BASED TRAINING SERVICES: AT THE AFRICAN PEER REVIEW MECHANISM CONTINENTAL OFFICE, SOUTH AFRICA
3) Only bids submitted on time shall be accepted or admitted for prequalification
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29Fax: +2711 256 3456;
Bid Submission Email: [email protected]