APRM Support to African States on the International Credit Rating Agencies
Terms of Reference
Description of the assignment:
To support to the APRM secretariat in its work on African states on the international credit rating agencies
Period of assignment: Three (3) Calendar Months
Areas of Expertise Required for the Position:
- An Expert Level Knowledge and Understanding of Critical Issues of International Credit Rating Agencies in General and the APRM in Particular
- Strong Sovereign Credit Research and Analysis Skills
- Experience authoring opinions and commentaries for Multilateral Development Organizations, governments, industry and media
- Project Management
- The 28th Ordinary Session of the AU held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in January 2017 adopted the Decision Assembly/AU/Dec.631 (XXVIII) that directs the APRM to provide support to Member States in the field of ICRAs.
- In its efforts to deliver on these projects the APRM Secretariat is seeking to recruit an expert that meets the demanding requirements set out in the ToR as outlined below.
II. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- The consultant shall:
- Conduct in-depth sovereign credit research and analysis;
- Facilitate consultations in expert platforms to mine thoughts and perspectives;
- Package research findings and present the findings to key stakeholders;
- Engage with other experts and manage the resourcing of specialised projects;
- Contribute to the design and development of project concepts and approaches;
- Structure information and data into usable documents and control the quality of documents;
- Project management, generating proposals and executing ad hoc operational tasks;
- Perform fundamental credit analysis for sovereign issuers in Africa;
- Prepare well-articulated research reports, and participate in related value discussions;
- Work with other researchers to implement APRM missions and projects as assigned by the Head of Research, Methodology and Development;
- Submit regular reports to the Head of the Research, Methodology and Development Division; and
- Carry out any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of the Research, Methodology and Development Division of the APRM Secretariat.
The Consultant reports to the Head of the Research, Methodology and Development Division on all issues pertaining to the management of the project.
V. DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The contract is effective from 1st April 2019 to 31st October 2019 not exceeding a total of 60 days of engagement (3 months) within this period.
- Draft Policy Framework on the APRM Support to Member States on Credit Rating Agencies
- Report on the Feasibility of establishing an African Credit Rating Agency
- Regular weekly updates to the Head of the Research, Methodology and Development Division and the CEO of the APRM Secretariat; and
- Other more specific outputs as may be determined from time to time by the Head of the Research, Methodology and Development Division and the CEO of the APRM Secretariat.
- The Consultant will be paid a fixed lump sum of USD 8,414.37 (Height Thousand and Four Hundred and fourteen United States Dollars and thirty seven Cents only). The APRM Secretariat will also bear the cost of a return air ticket (economy class) and, in the event of travel to other countries as part of the job, pay DSA at standard UN rates for the country.
- Payment of agreed sum will be made only upon approval by the CEO of the APRM Secretariat of satisfactory delivery of the report and acceptance of same.
- The consultant will be covered under the terms of the APRM business travel insurance policy as underwritten by AIG South Africa Ltd.
VIII. Qualifications & Experience:
|Qualifications & Experience:
IX. EVALUATION CRITERIA
NB: All applications must be sent to: [email protected]
Closing date: 29th April 2019 at 3PM RSA time.