TOR – ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
TORs for Organisational Development ConsultantDownload File
ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Assignment: Organisational Development Consultant
Type of Contract: Consultancy Contract
Duty Station: APRM Secretariat
Reporting Division: Office of the CEO/ Senior Advisor
Duration: On the assignment
The African peer review Mechanism (APRM) is an organ of the African Union (AU). It is a self-monitoring tool for promoting good governance on the continent. Launched in 2003, the APRM is a voluntary exercise that offers African states the opportunity to systematically assess and review the governance performance. The mechanism provides a platform, where the reviewed states share best practices and improve the formulation, adoption and implementation of their governance policies in conformity with established standards and principles. Currently there are thirty-eight (38) Member States of the African Union that have acceded to the APRM – representing more two-thirds (2/3) of the entire membership of the African Union and 80% of the continent’s population.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
Organizational development Consultant will conduct research and analyze data in relation to the revision of the existing APRM Continental Secretariat structure to attain Organisational Structure and Design goals as per the mandate received from AU General Assembly and agreed strategic plan. The Job will also include identifying skill gaps on the existing Organisational Structure and organize to build a new structure that will deliver on the APRM mandate.
The OD consultant must be able to design a major change in the design of the new Organisational Structure to deliver in the new business model, systems, processes, ways of working to improve efficiency, and to make progress towards becoming a high performing organisation.
Qualifications and Years of Experience
The Consultant is expected to have obtained a Master’s degree in Industrial Psychology, Social Sciences or and Human Resources or related field plus 10 years of experience in the related field of Human Resources Department of an international and renown firm.
Expertise and Experience Required for the Position:
- Develop and review Job Family framework content;
- Develop and update APRM generic competency framework;
- Liaise with role players to gather data related to job families.
- Ensure best practices by conducting benchmarking process;
- Facilitate focus group sessions for input into job families;
- Recommend and implement organizational and entity structural changes involving position alignment;
- Set up Organisation Design Governance;
- Develop and update organisational and job design guidelines;
- Conducts regular audits of the organisational structure and recommends changes to make the organization more efficient;
- Provide expertise advice on job design and job profiles.
- Complete a design of the new Organisational Structure and Design
- Computer literacy;
- Working knowledge of policy development and analysis;
- Management experience, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to organize and motivate others;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills;
- Good communication and negotiating skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills.
Proficiency in at least two (2) of the African Union working languages (English, French, Arabic, Portuguese). Knowledge of more than two (2) working languages would be an added advantage.
The APRM Secretariat AU is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Design and implement Organisational Design principles.
Proven knowledge and experience the implementation of the organisation design interventions including change management, performance management, talent, design and restructuring processes, etc.
The Consultant reports to the Senior Advisor with a dot line to the Chief Executive Officer.
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The contract is effective from 1st September 2019 to 31st March 2019 not exceeding a total
of 60 days of engagement (6 months) within this period.
The Consultant will be paid on monthly deliverables basis on the TORs stipulated above for the APRM Secretariat.
How to Apply
All applications must be sent to this email address [email protected]
Closing date: 31st October 2019 at 15:00, Republic of South Africa time.
[pdf-embedder url="https://www.aprm-au.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/TORs-for-Organisational-Development-Consultant.pdf" title="TORs for Organisational Development Consultant"]