African Peer Review Mechanism
The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) is an autonomous Entity of the African Union and the continent’s self-monitoring and peer review tool for promoting good governance. Launched in 2003, the Mechanism, to which African States accede voluntarily, creates a platform for reviewed states to improve their constitutionalism and policy formulation, adoption, and implementation. The Mechanism highlights best practices and supports Member States in monitoring their compliance with established African Union standards and principles. These practices and standards are catalysts for the transformative leadership needed to achieve political stability, high economic growth, sustainable development and accelerated sub-regional and continental integration. The peer review processes provide a high-level platform for experience sharing and promotion of successful best practices, including identification of deficiencies and assessment of requirements for national capacity building.
In seeking to achieve its objectives, the African Peer Review Mechanism intends to strengthen its capacity to deliver, by implementing its organizational structure and filling all vacant posts, among other functions.
APRM invites applicants who are citizens of AU Member States to submit applications for the following post:
Job Title: Drivers
Level: GSB 7 (Local)
Supervisor: Head of Corporate Services
Division: Corporate Services Division
Duty Station: Johannesburg, South Africa
- JOB PURPOSE:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Corporate Services Division or his/her delegate, the driver will be responsible for the following duties:
- MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive office vehicles for authorized personnel.
- Meet high level official personnel at the airport.
- Facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Deliver mail, documents and other items to Embassies, Government Offices and United Nations (UN) and African Union (AU) offices.
- Ensure that all vehicles comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
- Take daily responsibility and management of the vehicle.
- Maintain and update the logbook on a daily basis.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent Professional driving skills
- Ability to provide chauffer protocol to high level official personnel
- Knowledge of South Africa Road and Driving Regulations
- Knowledge of road security and safety issues
- Knowledge of Diplomatic offices, UN offices and Government offices
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment
- Good communication and people skills
- Skill in minor vehicle repairs
- Ability to perform under minimal supervision
- Professional appearance and punctuality
- Maintenance of confidentiality at all times
- QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Technical or Vocational Certificate
- Completed VIP Protection course and Security Certificate
- Valid Driver’s license with valid PDP (Professional Drivers Permit)
- Knowledge of computer applications (MS Word and Excel) will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) years working experience as a professional VIP Chauffer or Driver, preferably in an international organization.
- LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT:
Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages. Knowledge of one other language or several working languages would be an added advantage.
- TENURE OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment will be made on a regular contract for a period of three (03) years, of which the first twelve (12) months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be established for a period of two (02) years that will be renewable, subject to satisfactory performance, deliverables and availability of funds.
- GENDER MAINSTREAMING
APRM is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$6,935.00 per annum plus other related entitlements, e.g., Spouse Allowance (5% of basic salary), Education Allowance (100% of tuition and other related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$3,300.00 per child per annum), etc. as applicable to locally recruited staff of the African Union.
- APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested parties must submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the African Peer Review Mechanism.
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating the candidate’s nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) contactable referees who have good knowledge of the candidate’s work.
- Certified copies of all academic qualifications.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications must be sent to: [email protected], with the job title quoted on the e-mail subject line.
Closing Date: 29 December 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org