- Thematic Areas
- OUR PUBLICATIONS
- Upcoming Events
- Agenda 2063 and SDGs Programs
- USD $
The APRM Kenya Secretariat with the support of the Continental APRM Secretariat and the UNECA is organizing an East Africa Region APRM Experience Sharing workshop, from 2-3 December 2015 in Mombasa, Kenya.
The major outcomes of the East Africa Region APRM Experience Sharing workshop will be:
• Fostering dynamic positive interactions between participating Member States within the framework of a collective peer apprenticeship on the APRM;
• Discussing the challenges and the necessity for reinforcement of APRM national structures;
• Sensitising non-member States on the APRM process and its value addition; and
• Providing recommendations on revitalizing the APRM for the APRM Extraordinary Summit of Heads of State and Government scheduled for January 2016 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Participants at the workshop include two Regional Economic Communities, the East African Community (EAC) and the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD), as well as representatives of APRM National Structures from Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Sudan, Uganda and Tanzania. Non-participating country representatives attending the meeting include Somalia and South Sudan. The UNECA and APRM Continental Secretariat were also represented.