Gulu, Northern Uganda – November 5, 2017: Upon arrival in Kampala, on the 28th October 2017, the Country Review Team spent the first week meeting the following high-level stakeholders amongst others:
• Rt. Hon Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda, Prime Minister of Republic of Uganda
• Rt. Hon. Rebecca Alitwala Kadaga, Speaker of Parliament
• The Principal Judge, Hon. Justice Dr. Yorokamu Bamwine and a team from the judiciary, representing the Chief Justice of Uganda
• Hon. David Bahati, State Minister of Finance for Planning and APRM National Focal Point;
• The Governor of the Central Bank of Uganda, Prof. Emmanuel Tumusiime-Mutebile;
• Commissioner general of the Uganda Revenue Authority, Ms. Doris Akol
• His Worship Erias Lukwago, Lord Mayor of Kampala and his team
• High officials from the ministries, departments and agencies
• Local Development Partners; and
• Civil Society Organizations.
In order to validate the Country Self-Assessment Report and facilitate broader consultations, the Uganda Country Review Mission team has travelled inland to the Northern, Western, Central and Eastern regions.
In this exercise, the Review Team was split into two groups, with one heading to the Western and Central regions led by Bishop Dinis Sengulane, member of the APRM Panel of Eminent Persons and lead panelist for Uganda. Concurrently, the other team, under the leadership of Mr. Dalmar Jama, APRM Secretariat, is covering the Northern and Eastern regions.
The Agenda of both teams features interactions with multiple stakeholders including the district leadership and focussed discussions with members of civil society and the private sector.